The experience mod is a factor unique to each employer. In simple terms, this formula is designed to compare a specific employer’s historical claim and payroll data, to other employers with similar business operations. An individual employer’s experience mod is calculated using claims data compared to premiums from the three most recently completed years, excluding the expiring term.
Key points to consider
- If your losses are increasing, your mod most likely will go up even if your payroll goes down.
- The frequency of losses hurt you more than the severity of losses.
- It is important to check the calculations on the experience modification worksheet each year.
- The most common errors are incorrect or incomplete payroll data.
- Your workers’ compensation mod is the single most important factor insurers use to identify your risk.
- Your mod can be reduced through effective safety and loss control programs.
- Develop a safety program.
- Reward safety in the workplace.
- Start a return to work program.
- Complete regular safety inspections.
- Investigate every accident and make corrective actions if needed.
- If you suspect fraud, immediately inform the insurance company.
- A disciplinary program also should be incorporated into the safety program; it should hold employees accountable for breaking the rules.
Duckworth Insurance Agency 713-645-1500 Can Quote Your Commercial & Business, Auto, Home, Life & Health Insurance Today!
Protect what matters most to you with Pasadena & Houston, TX. Car, Home, Health, Life & Business insurance. We offer the best combination of competitive rates, coverage and personal service in Houston.
Get a Fast Free Online Quote. We have great rates! Pasadena & Houston, TX. Commercial Auto Insurance, Contractors Insurance & General Liability Insurance.