Here are a few technologies that will help keep your home safe, and will also lower insurance costs.
- Security systems -- It seems like everywhere you go, there's a camera capturing images. If you own a smartphone or tablet, you probably have a camera that's built into the device. You can not only secure your home, but actually see what is going on through videos.
- Electronic locks -- Nowadays you don’t even need a key to get into your home! These electronic locks can add additional security to your home.
- Connected appliances -- Appliances that you can turn off and on from your smart phone not only help with your lifestyle, but also keep your home safe.
- Leak detection systems -- Smart homes can be controlled from your phone, and when connected to your home's water and electrical system, can provide you with real-time updates on how these systems are performing. If you are using more water than normal, you will be notified that there is likely a leak present.
- Timed lighting -- Having outside and inside lights come on during the evening while you are away deters burglars.
- Smoke and fire detectors -- Having good detection systems keeps your family safe and insurers provide discounts for these.
- Home weather warning systems -- There are weather warning programs that can detect high winds and identify severe weather earlier than ever.